Tuesday, July 5, 2016

524/1038 - Quick strawberry jam

My little one and I ventured in to the Queen Vic market again this morning; a gorgeous weekly ritual we have been undertaking since the end of April. We found some beautiful Queensland strawberries and, inspired by our weekly purchase of jam doughnuts, I decided to make a jam of my own. 

I am SO pleased to report that I have just checked on my jam and it looks as if it has set! I wasn't sure if my inclusion of coconut sugar (around 100g) was a good idea, but all seems to be well.

I couldn't wait to try it out and so enjoyed my bowl of yoghurt with a good dollop on top. I also have plans to make a big, fluffy loaf of bread today so we can enjoy PLENTY of jam on toast. I will be having mine with tasty cheese; a combination my dad introduced me to many years ago and one I adore to this day. We all like fruit on our cheese platter, so jam and cheese together makes sense if you think about it. 

After a very slow period of blogging, it appears I am back with a vengeance. More to come in July! x

No comments:

Post a Comment