Saturday, July 2, 2016

522/1038 - Glazed onions

Many, many dinner parties have been hosted in our modest dining room. They say you can't teach an old dog new tricks, but last night I learned a new one! 

As I planned the menu, it occurred to me that it would be lovely if I didn't have to leave the table AT ALL during dinner. Crazy, hey?

Cooking like a demon throughout the day paid off and with my husband preparing the final dish, dinner was truly a relaxed affair. The menu was as follows;
  • Glazed onions
  • Slow cooked tomatoes with green beans and chorizo
  • Silverbeet and blue cheese tart (with melt-in-the-mouth homemade pastry)
  • Flatbreads
  • Beetroot and parsley dip
  • Baked potatoes and garlic
  • Date and chocolate meringue cake with strawberries and cream
...and champagne of course! 

These glazed onions were such a revelation that I simply can't believe I have always skipped over the recipe. The result of quite a simple cook was onions that were soft and sweet and worthy of eating on their own. 

There are a few left and I am thinking that they might go really well with my election sausage x

No comments:

Post a Comment