Thursday, April 14, 2016

513/1038 - North Indian dhal

Over the years my "cooking eye" has been improving and a recent purchase gave this kitchen geek a surprising little jolt of happiness.

I bought some red lentils from a stall in the Vic market and knew I needed one and three quarters of a cup for this recipe. I scooped out what looked to be the right amount and was ridiculously thrilled when I got home and realised the amount I had guessed was pretty much spot on. It doesn't take much to get me excited nowadays...

The dhal was ridiculously easy to make, cooked in a saucepan with a range of spices until the lentils collapsed. Onions, curry leaves and cumin were fried separately and tipped over the top, to add a bit of crunch and extra flavour.

And that's it! Lovely dhal x

No comments:

Post a Comment