Wednesday, September 23, 2015

474/1038 - Cabbage stuffed with pork, liver and capers

I am so lucky to have a family who will eat anything I throw at them. 

Last night's dinner was an interesting affair, with many cabbage leaves being stuffed with a pork and liver mixture and then cooked in stock. 

I don't mind eating livers but I will admit I really don't like the cleaning process. With stomach churning, I got through the trimming and chopping of all eight of them but was very relieved when it was all over. 

Interestingly, this dinner was lovely with a splash of soy, not something I would have expected, but it worked all the same. 

We have leftovers and so tonight we will eat these as soup, chopped up and served in the stock in which they were cooked. Perhaps with some rice if I could be bothered. 

Only time will tell.

No comments:

Post a Comment