Saturday, June 14, 2014

341/984 - Parsnip and curry soup

I purchased a pile of beautiful parsnips and a bunch of coriander on my way home last night with this lovely soup in mind. To be honest I had way too many parsnips, even thought they were quite small, and so decided to roughly double the recipe to make sure we all had plenty to feast on. 

Remembering that I had frozen some home-made curry paste in ice cube trays I was keen to see if was still as lovely as the day I made it. I was pleased with the flavour and was mentally high-fiving myself for keeping some for a rainy day.

When it came time to douse the parsnips I decided to add minimal water and to only blend the soup to a point where it remained a little chunky.  

Strewn with coriander and paired with a lovely Sauvignon Blanc, this made for a beautiful Friday night meal and was a lovely first dabble in the chapter o' parsnips. 

No comments:

Post a Comment