Wednesday, August 7, 2013

273/984 - Tomato and lemongrass broth

I had a very special dinner party with my sister on the weekend. With families of our own and busy jobs, it's hard to find the time to catch up for a quiet chat. Luckily for me my husband agreed to babysit her children so that Jane and I could have an evening together. What a nice man he is!

This broth was a lovely, light way to start the meal and once my sister reminded me to add the garnish of spring onions and coriander it looked very pretty! There were prawns in there too but they sank to the bottom and so unfortunately did not add any additional colour to the dish.

My youngest sat beside me quietly as we were eating and sipped happily at his own small bowl of soup. I was thrilled to hear that he loved it too.

I used the leftovers as a base for dinner tonight, throwing in prawns, gyoza and piles of vegetables. A completely different dish but what a beautiful base to work with. 

No comments:

Post a Comment