Tuesday, July 30, 2013

271/984 - Chocolate chip biscuits

I love a good chocolate chip biscuit as much as the next person and I especially love them home-made and straight out of the oven.

I think the best thing about this recipe was the roasted nuts which added an incredible flavour and meant that even with a stack of chocolate chips in there, the biscuits were not overly sweet. I used lots of walnuts and also some macadamias and almonds in this batch. For anybody planning to make these I recommend you do not skip the nut roasting step! 

Knowing how much my family love chocolate chip biscuits I doubled the recipe, and in fact still have two rolls in the fridge ready to be sliced and baked. I am not sure what happened measurement-wise, but rather than getting 15-18 biscuits from each roll I got around nine. Admittedly the biscuits were of a generous size but I thought I had roughly followed the directions for diameter and thickness of slices. 

Learning: Always double this recipe! The family will certainly not be complaining. 

No comments:

Post a Comment