Monday, March 5, 2012

130/1038 - Onion and cheese tart

I love it when I cook something and the result is quite unexpectedly wonderful!

The pastry for this tart was made from scratch and I am pleased to report that it turned out perfectly - all buttery and soft and melt-in-your mouth good. But the filling! So soft and light with lovely, sweet onions and the gorgonzola creating just enough bite so as to be tasty but not overpowering.

I was chatting to one of my friends about Stephanie and we both agreed that she must be at least a little bit French. All that butter and cream she uses – it really is quite amazing how much of it we have gone through in this house since this challenge began. 

The only downside to this challenge is that my rapidly expanding repertoire in the kitchen is slowly being matched by my rapidly expanding waistline! I do believe it is time to seek out some more of those healthy vegetarian recipes that I just know are hiding in the book somewhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment