Tuesday, August 16, 2011

27/1038 - Beef bourguignon

I have a certain level of respect for any recipe that takes up an entire page in this book. 

Beef bourguignon (affectionately known by some of my friends as beef boogie boogie) was actually quite simple to put together, although slightly painful for me as I had to keep swapping everything from one pan to another due to my Le Chasseur not being electric stove top friendly, and my enormous frypan not being oven proof. Given that this recipe moves from the stove top, to the oven, then back to the stove top, my kitchen looked like a bomb had hit it by the time dinner was served.

It was worth it though! The sauce was so decadent, full of butter and bacon. We went through a good amount of bread after the meal as it would have been a crime to leave any of that lovely sauce on the plate.

No comments:

Post a Comment